Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Last Athletics Banquet

Every year all the athletes gather together and have a big awards banquet. The past 3 years have been sit down dinners with a little awards ceremony. This year the soon to be UVU pulled out all the stops. Our awards banquet was set up like the Grammys. There were rows and rows of formal dressed athletes listening to our peers and coaches tell silly jokes from a teleprompter. When an award was announced the nominees were shown on a big screen in the middle and two smaller plasma flat screens on the sides. There were round lighted steps to walk up and receive your award, a spotlight, and the UVU royalty to present each plague. Not having a sit down dinner was regrettable but they made up with it by having comedians perform between some of the awards and a couple chocolate fountains at the end.

Unfortunately I was not nominated for any of the awards this year and so I never won. I did however get to go up on stage to receive my senior blanket for graduating. I took lots and lots of pictures with full intention to blog them. I was so sad when I got home and as I tried to transfer the pictures to my computer found them to be missing. To this day it is still a mystery as to where those pictures have gone. Overall the athletics banquet was a big success and it was kinda nice to shake things up for my last one.

No comments: