Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coldplay in concert- Well worth the money

First Here's a little background:
Coldplay are an alternate rock band formed in London, England in 1997. the group comprises vocalist/pianist/guitarist Chris Martin, lead guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman, and drummer/multi-instumentalist Will Champion. Coldplay have sold 33.9 million albums, and are also known for their hit singles, such as "Yellow", "The Scientist", "Speed of Sound, "Fix You", "Viva la Vida" and the Grammy Award-winning "Clocks".

I have Coldplay on my iPod and I listen to them every now and again but I have never been a die hard fan. When the Abel's had an extra ticket they were looking to sell I had to really debat whether or not the 85 bucks was really worth it. I could go listen to their music at home or even in my car for free. BUT... What the heck, I decided I would take a chance on it being worth it. After all, I always have fun when hanging out with the Abel clan, I like the music, and I had nothing else to do that night!

The day of the concert came and I was getting pretty excited to drive down to San Jose for the event. To make a very wordy story short, I got a phone call in the morning of the concert telling me that all the Abel's were backing out except for the one already down in San Fransico and even she was thinking about bailing. Disappointed? Yes! but, I already had a ticket and I did have a ride down there still so i didn't let it get me down, I went anyways. (I also called up Lindsey, the waivoring Abel, and threatened her into coming?)

The ride down to the concert was about 2 hours of fun. No really, it was a lot of fun. I rode down with Annett Udahl, her niece Meagan, and her daughter Matti. We laughed all the way down and I even ended up with a new friend via text message (Meagan has an older brother who is my age). So after they plotted to set me up we finally arrived at the HP Pavillion Center. As you can see by the picture we had pretty good seats:)

Ok, so I made that up. This was more like our seats. I wasn't able to get any pictures myself but, if I had, this is what one of the pictures might have looked like. Like any concert it was dark and loud! This was only my second concert so I am no seasoned pro. So far I haven't really made the concert sound that fun. Dark and loud, thats the best I can do?? You will just have to trust me that it was a great time! And my new favorite song is Viva la Vida!

No comments: