Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!


Ok it's not really me birthday. Mine is in May:) but it was Kyra's birthday (a fellow 3rd grade teacher). She was turning 50 and her room mothers decorated not only her room but the entire hallway leading to her room with black balloons, happy 50th posters and 'getting old' caution tape. Because of all the decorations, my kids came in that morning with "Who the hecks birthday is it?" (We are still working on the grammar portion of 3rd grade:) ). I got so tired of answering this same question time after time that I decided to have a little fun. I started telling the kids that is was my birthday and a few of them just said, "Oh, happy birthday." Most are pretty sharp though and instantly started to argue the point.

Student: "NO way are you fifty!"
Me: Are you sure?
Student: "You are only like nineteen."
Me: "I am way older then nineteen"
Student: "Ok maybe like twenty."

This is the 3rd grade team partying it up on our lunch break
and this is my HUGE piece of cake they cut for me while I was using the restroom;)

3 comments:

Jani said...

Ewww look at all of that frosting. I love kids!!!!!

carolyn said...

I am sure you will look just the same at 50. Look at your Mother and Grandmother, you guys age well! Smart kids to figure it out so soon!

Josh and Rach said...

YAY! I loved the text that you sent me today :) I'm pretty sure Alyse Hales will be in the same boat pretty soon here too. You remember her right? I sure hope I can be there.