Monday, January 26, 2009

"I'm in Love and I don't care who knows it!"

I'm Engaged, I am Engaged!! Gary and I are going to be married on June 12th 2009 in the Oakland Temple. WE ARE SO EXCITED!! As some of you already know, my parent flew out from California to meet Gary's family. Well they got way more then they bargained for. This is how it all happened. Friday night the parents flew in and stopped by my classroom to pick me up from work. Later we went out to dinner and just enjoyed being all together. Saturday morning Gary came over and had "the talk" with my dad while my mom and I got ready for the day. When all of that was done we planned to go to breakfast. Before we made it out the door however Gary pulled me back into my bedroom and purposed. I kept saying "right here, right now?" But it was perfect. Gary made it all work. He knew that I wanted my parents to be a part of everything and he knew I wanted that ring:). So we were both shaking with so much excitment that we could bearly get the ring on. We hugged and kissed or course but then I got to run out of my room and be excited with my mom and dad.

As for the rest of the weekend, we didn't waste any time. My mom and I went shopping for a dress (which we found) and got a pretty good idea of what I wanted for invitations. We also spent the weekend calling people and telling them the good news. I am so excited to marry Gary Gray and I am SO happy that things have just falling right into place.

Oh, I almost forgot the last great part. The Meeting of the Families. I thought it was such a great idea for my parents to come and meet Gary's family. They have accepted me as one of their own already and are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. The Roskelley's and the Gray's all went out to eat on Saturday night and I think everyone felt it went really well. I know I did. Well it must have cause we all hung out again on Sunday night before my parents had to ship off.















What a blessing it is to be a part of these two families. Man did I hit the jackpot!

p.s. I am full swing into all the planning and I can't get my mind off it. I would love to hear all of your suggestions of how to have a wonderful wedding day.

8 comments:

carolyn said...

We are so excited for you!! What a pretty ring, and having met Gary we already know what a great guy he is. Let me know if you need any help, we are here for you. Did you find out what time at the Temple?? What fun!

Sara Rae said...

I just called the Tample today and the time is 12 o clock down in Oakland:) Hurray! I am so excited.

Cookie said...

Congratulations Sara! I just got a phone call from a friend today. She asked who Sara Roskelley is. I said either my niece or my sister-in-law. She said she hoped it was my niece because you guys will soon be related. Crazy! Small World Huh?

Jani said...

Yay. I dont know hpw I missed your post a couple of days ago but I am in love with your ring. I am so excited for you. We still havent met Gary, thats sad. Hopefully soon. Dang I am sad you found your dress but glad that its over too. I want to come see everything.

Sara Rae said...

I am sad I found my dress too. It was good because I got to go with my mom so she was there for everything and got to see it but I was looking forward to calling you up and going with you too. We have to get together SOON!

Roskelley Ramblings said...

Sara,

I am so happy for you and Gary. We already so enjoy him. We are making plans to be there for the happy day. Love, Aunt Linda

Josh and Rach said...

WOOHOO! I agree with Wally too, there are going to be some BIG dimples on those kiddies some day, haha. Advice for the wedding day: Enjoy it as much as possible and don't worry about the little things, because nothing ever goes perfect.

Walnut said...

in the top picture - did your middle finger get stung by a bee earlier?