Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bridal Shower Fun!

Gary's sister Jaycie and I had a double bridal shower this last Saturday and It turned out great. My soon to be sister-in-law Jenn and Aunt Becky through a great bash for us both.
I got some great stuff and I got to meet a few more of my soon-to-be family members.
My favorite part however was that my mom and grandma could fly out and spend the weekend with me. My grandma gave me a beautiful handmade quilt that has quite a story behind it. As you can tell from the pictures, I got a little teary-eyed.



3 comments:

Josh and Rach said...

Hey! Was the quilt from Gma R? I would love to hear the good story!! It looks like you got some really cute stuff for your house. That is so much fun to get all that new stuff, isn't it?! Its so fun to put it all together in your apt too :) Yay for showers!

Sara Rae said...

The quilt was actually hand stitched by my Grandma Jo. She began working on it when I was little (about 8 pr 9 years old). To me at the time it seemed an impossible task to finish the huge quilt. I, being so polite all the time, said something like "Grandma, you are going to die before you finish that quilt." So nice of me I know. She replied "Ok, I will finish it and give it to you as a gift someday." Well that day was last saturday and I LOVED it!! The quilt is beautiful and something to always remember her by. I will truly cherish it. That is the story.

Jani said...

How fun. Man I love showers. That is fun that your mom and grandma flew in. What a nice and supportive family you have.