Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Mom, Happy Wedding to Me!!

As You become a mom, you always put your kids first. When they are sick you drop everything and take them to the doctor. When they are on a sports team you turn into soccer mom. And when they are getting married, you give up your birthday to let them have their bridal shower.

Knowing this, we (the fam) decided to do something nice for mom before her birthday even got here. So on Thursday, we got together with Bonnie Abel (master gardener) and gave mom a facelift for her backyard. We hacked away at the bushes that had survived the long loveless years and planted new flowers and bushes of all sorts and sizes. By the end we had that place looking mighty fine.
Grandma Jo and Grandpa Pete never fail to lend a helping hand.

workin', workin', workin'

Photo op: The whole planting crew.
and here it is. I didn't quite think fast enough to get good before pictures. You will just have to believe me when I say, "What an improvement!"



----------BRIDAL SHOWER----------

The bridal shower out at the Abel's property was a complete success. We had some of the BEST food (including cold cereal, one of my favorites), Good friends, and fun! Lots of catching up with old friends and lots of good presents. It is so great to know that I am loved and have the support of everyone around me.

Many were the practical gifts I recieved to help Gary and I start our new life!

Also in the ranks were those of the just for fun variety;)




These Pictures may have needed to be at the top and maybe switched around, but this is my enthrolled audience as I told the thrilling story of how I met my soon to be Hubby! It's a good one:)!!!!

No comments: